Last updated: 11:01 AM, Tuesday 31 March 2020
The Tasmanian Premier, Peter Gutwein announced that from midnight Friday 20 March 2020, all non-essential travellers departing for Tasmania will be required to quarantine for 14 days.
If you have a booking on any walk departure with Tasmanian Walking Company prior to 30 June 2020 and are directly impacted by the new quarantine measures, you may postpone your booking for up to 24 months, with no additional charges. To expedite your request please click below and our friendly reservations team will confirm the postponement as soon as possible.
We will also accept postponement of bookings for up to 24 months, with no additional charges under the following circumstances:
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 prior to your departure date;
- If you are directed by a Government official or medical practitioner to self-isolate due to a close, casual or secondary contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19;
- If you have travelled outside of Australia in the past 14 days and present with any symptom(s) consistent with COVID-19, including any flu or cold-like symptom(s);
- If the Department of Health defines you within a COVID-19 “at-risk category", including people aged 65 and over, and/or you have declared a pre-existing medical condition already identified through our booking process;
- If Government policy (domestic or foreign) relevant to your residential address or travel circumstances directly impacts your capacity to travel;
- You are employed in a frontline health role; and
- Tasmanian Walking Company reserves the right to request supporting evidence to determine your eligibility prior to approving the postponement of your booking.
If you are planning to walk with us and have already arrived in Tasmania or will arrive prior to the quarantine measures, your walk is still scheduled to depart unless our reservations team have directly contacted you to advise otherwise.
Given the unprecedented impact of COVID-19, we have updated our Booking Terms and Conditions to adapt to the constantly evolving nature of this pandemic.
If you have a booking on any walk departure with Tasmanian Walking Company prior to 30 June 2020 and the Tasmanian Premier's quarantine measures directly impact your capacity to travel, you may postpone the booking for up to 24 months, with no additional charges.
We will also accept postponement of bookings for up to 24 months, with no additional charges for several additional reasons
We're taking extra steps to reinforce our hygiene and cleaning practices on all walk departures. We're also increasing our capacity to respond to guests or guides who report flu-like symptoms prior to, or during a walk.
We're listening to the experts
Our team of senior leaders meet regularly to discuss our ongoing response to COVID-19 and to ensure we inform our decisions with the latest information, protocols and advice from health authorities.
Small Groups, wide-open spaces
Walk in the World's freshest air, with a small group led by expert guides, surrounded by wild open spaces and retreat each evening to the comfort of our accommodation nestled in the heart of Tasmania's wilderness. Have real peace of mind knowing that behind the scenes is our large support team representing one of the World's most experienced and awarded eco-tourism operators.
Get in Touch
You can contact our reservations team online or over the phone. Due to the unprecedented and evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are receiving a high volume of enquires. Whilst we will endeavour to provide a response within one business day, we are grateful for your understanding and support during this challenging time and encourage everyone to be kind to one another over the coming weeks and months.