The items listed below will be packed into a duffel bag which we provide and will be stowed on Lady Eugenie. You will only need to carry a day pack with your personal belongings, lunch and water for each days walk.
Essential Gear List
When you arrive at the pre departure point, it would be great if you could have all the gear you intend to take with you separated from any other luggage (perhaps in a garbage bag). This will make the packing process run more smoothly.
- Lightweight, lace-up walking boots with ankle support and treaded sole (preferred) or walking shoes with treaded sole (acceptable). Sandshoes, elastic-sided boots, street shoes and similar are not acceptable.
- Waterproof overpants (September/October & April/May)
- Clear soled shoes suitable for the yacht (Dunlop Volleys or similar)
- Polar fleece jacket (preferred) or woollen jumper
- Light jumper (warm)
- Shorts and/or light trousers for walking
- Polypropylene thermal underwear (long-sleeved top and long johns; essential in summer and winter)
- Warm long pants (for evenings on the boat)
- Shirts / t-shirts (merino or polypropylene; 3 recommended)
- Socks (merino recommended; 3 pairs recommended)
- Sun hat and sunscreen
- Travel towel or body chamois (body size for swimming; light and quick to dry)
- Water bottle(s) (at least 1.5 litres total capacity)
- Any personal medication, including anti-inflammatories and EpiPens
Recommended Gear List
- Camera (with spare batteries or charger - limited charging capacity available on Lady Eugenie)
- Waterproof overpants (November, December, January, February, March)
- Walking poles
- Swimming costume
- Drawing or painting supplies
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- What we provide
- 50-litre canvas pack (available on the morning of departure)
- Rain jacket (3-layer membrane; waterproof and breathable available on the morning of departure)
- Day pack
- All bedding and linen
- Lunch container, cutlery and travel mug
- Basic toiletries (sunscreen, after sun care, insect repellent, Sorbolene-based moisturiser; available on board Lady Eugenie)
- Small reference library offering a range of books and games (including field guides and maps)
* Please note: any luggage not required on your walk can be stored at our office and will be returned to you at the conclusion of your walk.
If you have your own hiking gear please feel free to bring it along to use. Our guides will ensure it is suitable on the morning of your departure.
- Gear hire
- Three Capes Gear and Gourmet, has walking poles, over-pants and headlamps available for hire.
- They will conveniently deliver to our walkers base for the start of your walk.
- To organise hire gear please visit https://twc.3capesgearandgourmet.com.au/