Three Capes Long Weekend - Family Friendly Walks
Available for families and private groups by request | Prices
We love walking with families. Our walks are nature-made adventures, perfect for enaging children. Our naturalist guides are keen to share their passion for nature through story-telling and in-the-field activities. Our walks provide a great way for families to share and overcome challenges, and create memories that last a lifetime.
You’ll begin in downtown Hobart, whisked from the city on our private vessel Wild Thing, to the peninsula wilds. In the days to follow, you’ll walk out to Cape Raoul and explore hidden pockets of wilderness on the trails of the Tasman Peninsula. Each evening, our knowledgeable guides transition to lodge hosts, preparing chef-designed meals brimming with local ingredients. Wake to views stretching out to Tasman Island from your door and by day we’ll guide you along Tasman’s epic coastline. The flora, unexpected native animal meetings and long table dinners with new and old friends set this long weekend apart. We top it off with a wine tasting and lunch at an award-winning vineyard on the way home.
The minimum age is eight on family friendly walks. Private group bookings are possible. Please make a special request for children under the age of eight. For all enquiries and bookings please contact Tasmanian Walking Company on (03) 6392 2211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo credit: Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service
Family friendly walks - Quick Facts
Guidelines for bookings
- The minimum age is eight. Children and adults need to have the fitness and capacity to walk the distances.
- Our standard terms and conditions apply.
- The minimum number for group guests to confirm a departure on the Three Capes Weekend is seven.
- We are happy to offer a new family-friendly departure date for groups of seven or more.
- Please request about the rules for private groups available to private groups of 14 guests (terms and conditions apply).
- There are no co-joined tents. Bedding in each tent can be arranged as twin or double.
- Please note that bathrooms are shared and uni-sex.
Food and drinks
- Menu - we provide for certain special dietary requests. No other changes are possible due to our remote locations.
- Dinner time is for everyone and is set according to the walk itinerary. Snacks are provided, but please feel free to bring your own for your children to enjoy between meals.
- Alcohol-free drinks are provided.
Families are responsible for providing
- Raincoats, backpacks and any medication for children.
Family friendly walks are available on
- Bruny Island Long Weekend
- Three Capes Long Weekend
- Twelve Apostles Signature Walk
- Great Ocean Road Long Weekend
Please call (03) 6392 2211 or email email@example.com if you have any questions. We're here to help.
Photo credit: Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service
Three Capes Long Weekend (3-days)
Reconnect with nature with breathtaking day walks, carrying day-packs only. indulge in divine food and wine, beer and alcohol-free drinks and spend nights in our private eco camp on a three day guided walking escape.
Day 1: Hobart to Tasman Camp
Approximately 3-4 hours walking
A few minutes into the journey we’ll arrive at Brooke Street Pier. Here we have two options, If weather permits, we’ll board our private boat, Wild Thing. The 90-minute cruise down to Nubeena is packed with spectacular coastal sites and some cracking stories to share en route. For those who are yet to find their sea legs, or in the case of bad weather, we also have the option of travelling to Nubeena by bus. From Nubeena, we will all meet back up and head to the Remarkable Caves trailhead by bus. There’s no need to carry anything other than a lightweight day pack for this 3-4 hour walk. Larger packs can stay behind.
As its name suggest, this is a truly remarkable place, with ancient sandstone tunnel carved by the sea. Walking through sand dunes covered in coastal heath, we continue onto Mt Brown where the climb is well worth every step. On a clear day, sweeping views take in Cape Raoul, Cape Pillar and Tasman Island. From here we walk down to Crescent Bay before joining up with our private track and continuing through to Tasman Camp.
Back at camp, enjoy a hot rainwater shower followed by relaxing deck time with a Tasmanian wine or cool drink while the guides get busy preparing your meal. Then settle into our dining room for delicious fare and to celebrate the shared journey of day one. On a clear night, don’t forget to look up. The stars here are glorious. Then, rest your head in our comfy private tents.
Day 2: Cape Raoul
Approximately 5-6 hours walking
Wake to the blissful silence of the Tasmanian wilderness and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. We enjoy a relaxed morning before lacing our boots for the 5-6 hour Cape Raoul return walk.
We’ll be transported to the trail head with lunch in our daypacks to begin the walk. The walk begins with a gentle climb through eucalypt forest. Then gradually, with each step the grand Tasman Sea begins to reveal itself. It feels like the edge of the world! We’ll then descend down to Cape Raoul lookout. Listen carefully and you might hear the seals way down below.
On a clear day, we’ll settle in for lunch here but if the weather isn’t so kind, we have tranquil locations along the track that are sheltered. The return walk is equally special with its varied perspective. There are plenty of chances for photo stops along the way.
A short transfer will return us to camp, where you can enjoy a couple of restful hours taking in the views or pulling out a good book to read in the fresh Tasmanian air. After time on your private deck, we’ll gather for another hearty dinner in the dining room to share tall Cape Raoul stories.
Day 3: Tasman Arch - Waterfall Bluff
Approximately 3 hours walking
Wake to another hot breakfast prepared by your guides - fuelling for your final day on the Tasman Peninsula.
We start today’s walk at Tasman Arch, gently climbing around coastal tracks with sedimentary rock formations and stunning views out to the ocean. After 2.3kms, we get to the Waterfall Bay, where we see a waterfall cascading over the seacliffs into the ocean. Here the group has to option to turn around or continue to Waterfall Bluff (an additional 4kms).
By 1pm, we’ll be back on the bus heading to a well-known vineyard for our all-inclusive celebratory lunch and wine tasting.
After this, it’s an easy drive back to the city for hotel transfers. We can drop guests at the airport between 5:00pm - 5.30pm and then we’ll arrive into Hobart at approximately 6:15pm.
Then again, you may enjoy the Three Capes Long Weekend so much you don’t hop on the bus back to Hobart! There is plenty more to discover from cosy oceanside stays to whiskies, lavender, uncrowded beaches and more.
Three Capes Long Weekend Family Friendly Walks
- Available for families and private groups by request
- 4-Day Guided Walk
- Each trip requires a minimum of 7 guests. The maximum is 14.
- An Underage Walker Action Plan must be completed for every child under eight years old.
- Phone: (03) 6392 2211
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or complete the below enquiry form
Limited Edition Walks - Terms and Conditions
Our standard booking terms and conditions apply to all bookings. In addition:
- more than 90 days from the scheduled departure date, a fee of $350 per person will be charged with the balance payment refunded;
- within 90 days of departure, no refund is available. Bookings are transferrable to another name.
- Children younger than 8yo will be considered on a case by case basis.
Private Group Rules
- Full capacity paid for regardless of number of walkers
- Final payment is due 90 days prior - if places are unpaid for at this date they are released to the public
- Guest information forms are due 30 days prior to departure.
- Return transfers from Hobart
- All meals, non-alcoholic beverages and a selection of Tasmanian beer and wines
- National Park Pass
- Boat transfer from Hobart to Nubeena
- Use of a backpack and weather-proof jacket for the duration of the walk. (Adult sizes only.) Please bring a backpack and raincoat for your child.
- Linen and comfortable beds
- Two qualified guides for the duration of the walk
Each tent contains either 1 king size bed or 2 singles. Single travellers may be required to share a twin room with another walker of the same gender if the departure fills to capacity. To guarantee a private tent for the duration of our walk, a supplementary price of 75% of full fee. This needs to be requested at the time of booking.
Public Holiday Surcharge
If your departure falls on a public holiday an increased walker rate will be automatically applied to your departure to cover the increased cost of operation.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Pricing: All prices are quoted per person in $AUD including GST and are on a seasonal basis.
View our full Booking Terms and Conditions